When temperatures rise dramatically during the summer, people experiencing homelessness, with nowhere to escape the heat, are at extreme risk of exposure-related illnesses such as heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heatstroke. People are already under significant stress from difficult living conditions on the street. Our Mobile Prevention Team doesn’t just direct people to services and places to cool off. They distribute supplies crucial to survival: water, electrolyte tablets/powder, sunscreen, mosquito repellant, and more.
You can help by donating much-needed items. It’s easy:
View our Summer Wish List below, or visit our Amazon Gift Registry. If you order through our Registry, the items will be sent directly to us. All donations can be sent to 404 S. Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02130.
- Bottled water
- Diapers (all sizes), baby wipes, formula
- Full-size and travel-size hygiene products (hair care, oral hygiene, tissue packs, body wash/soap, wipes, menstrual products, razors/shaving cream)
- Mosquito repellent spray/wipes (smaller size if possible)
- Non-perishable travel-size snacks
- Pedialyte/electrolyte powder (individually packaged)
- Reusable water bottles
- Sports bras
- Travel-size disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer
- Travel-size sunscreen and lotion
- T-shirts, pajamas, athletic shorts, underwear
- Art/Activity supplies (sewing/crochet/knitting supplies, paint, board games, puzzles, coloring books)