- Who We Are
The Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) was authorized under American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. $1.5 billion of funding for the program was distributed based on the formula used for the Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG) program.
The Purpose of HPRP. The purpose of HPRP is to provide homelessness prevention assistance to households who would otherwise become homeless and to provide assistance to rapidly re-house persons who are homeless.
Program participants must be:
• Homeless or At-risk of Homelessness
• Engage in initial consultation to determine appropriate assistance
• Income of 50% or less Area Median Income(AMI)
• Have no other housing options
• Have no financial resources or support networks to obtain or maintain housing