At the Boston Living Center, peer support is at the heart of what we do. Our Peer Leaders help other members empower themselves and develop effective strategies for living healthy lives.
Individual Peer Support
A peer can help you strategize solutions to barriers, build skills and can serve as a source for social support.
Ongoing Peer Support Includes:
- Help with medical questions and developing medication routines
- Managing the housing process
- Emotional support
- Skill development around assertiveness and self-advocacy
- Connecting to case management, mental healthcare, substance abuse treatment and more.
Individual peer support is available on a drop in basis or by appointment.
Group Peer Support
All members are welcome to join our groups. For more information about our groups, please call the Boston Living Center at 617-236-1012.
- Bridges for Life: Monday-Friday, breakfast from 9:30 AM – 10:30 am group discussion from 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Bridges is a great way to start your day! Facilitated group discussions on various aspects of emotional and physical wellness and social support.
- Chat B4 Dinner: Mondays and Thursdays, 5PM – 6PM
A weekly check-in and facilitated discussion group before Monday Night Dinner.
- Grupo Latino en Movimiento (G.L.e.M): cada 4th martes de cada mes a las 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Grupo de apoyo en Española para nuestra comunidad Latina, abierto a mujeres y hombres, donde puedas infomarte y compartir experiencias.