At the Boston Living Center, peer support is at the heart of what we do. Our Peer Leaders help other members empower themselves and develop effective strategies for living healthy lives.
Individual Peer Support
A peer can help you strategize solutions to barriers, build skills and can serve as a source for social support.
Ongoing Peer Support Includes:
- Help with medical questions and developing medication routines
- Managing the housing process
- Emotional support
- Skill development around assertiveness and self-advocacy
- Connecting to case management, mental healthcare, substance use disorder treatment, and more.
Individual peer support is available on a drop-in basis or by appointment.
Group Peer Support
All members are welcome to join our groups. For more information about our groups, please call the Boston Living Center at 617-236-1012.
- Bridges for Life: Monday – Friday, breakfast 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM group discussion from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Bridges is a great way to start your day! Facilitated group discussions on various aspects of emotional and physical wellness and social support.
- Chit Chat After Lunch: Every Thursday, 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
Weekly check-in and facilitated discussion group.
- Grupo Latino en Movimiento (G.L.e.M): Cada 2nd y 4th mercoles de cada mes a las 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
Grupo de apoyo en Española para nuestra comunidad Latina, abierto a mujeres y hombres, donde puedas infomarte y compartir experiencias.
- The B.I.G Group (Better It Gets): Every 2nd and 4th Thursday, 1:30 PM – 3:oo PM
A recovery group for members at any stage of recovery.
- Health W.I.S.E. Group (Wellness, Involvement, Support, Education): Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
A drop-in, peer-facilitated, culturally sensitive HIV+ support group for HIV+ BLC members who are interested in improving their health literacy around topics of aging and HIV wellness.